27 June 2006
Implementing in framework of UNESCO Activity: Enhancing literacy, teacher training and quality education at all levels through media and ICTs
Venue: NUUz, Physical faculty, OLIC, VUZgorodok, Tel: (99871)1447306
Participants : Kazakh National University; National University of Uzbekistan; Tajik Technological University; University of Robert Shuman & SIIG (France).
The object of e-campuses is to strengthen the institutional and operational capacity of a network of institutions, to develop, deliver and manage quality ICT-enhanced education and training.
- To develop a regional flexible and modern distance education system based on information and communication technologies as interactive as possible, through the establishment or strengthening of e-education resources centres;
- To develop an education model for both pre- and in-service professionals, with a special focus on teachers and educators;
- To build capacities of all professionals involved in e-education understood as a global process;
- To improve education resources and make them accessible to all participating e-education actors;
- To validate new formal and non-formal educational approaches.
Such an approach has the following components:
- Regional e-education policy as a project framework;
- Development of e-education programmes;
- Infrastructure development;
- Teaching programme deployment;
- Information dissemination and sharing;
- Partnership and cooperation;
- Project management.
The aim of this pilot project is to create e-portals of Central Asian Universities by the end of 2006 year.