18 January 2017
At 11.00 of January 21, 2017 in the Baluan Sholak Culture and Sports Palace during the preparation for the 28th World Winter Universiade "Public Talks with Winners" will be held. The initiators of the project are UNESCO Almaty Cluster Office and the State Fund “Almaty 2017 Winter Universiade Organizing Directorate”
The participation is already confirmed by:
1) Serik Sapiev - Olympic boxing Champion in 2012, UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Sport, the Mayor of Athletic Village in 28th Winter Universiade;
2) Victor Demyanenko - winner "Barys Almaty-2016";
3)Dmitry Balandin - Olympic swimming champion in 2016, The three times Asian Games Champion in 2014, winner of the Universiade 2015, the Ambassador of the 28th Winter Universiade;
4) Al-Farabi Davletchin - Taekwondo World Champion in 2014, Champion of Eurasia Taekwondo and Hapkido in 2014, the Ambassador of the 28th Winter Universiade;
5) Zhansaya Abdumalik – The four times World Champion in chess; International Grandmaster;
6) Dariga Shakimova – Olympic boxing bronze medalist in 2016, the Ambassador of the 28th Winter Universiade;
Also, the participation is agreed of:
7) Bauyrzhan Islamkhan - Kazakhstan football player, the halfback of the National Football Team of Kazakhstan and the captain of FC "Kairat";
8) Sabina Altynbekova - Kazakhstan volleyball player, a member of the junior national team of Kazakhstan, the Ambassador of the 28th Winter Universiade.
UNESCO places great emphasis on promotion of sport and physical education of youth. In the present time of violence and instability, which young people are faced with, sport can become an effective tool for achieving social cohesion, peace and non-violence. Strengthening of student sport and holding large-scale sport events, such as the World Winter Universiade in Almaty, allows creating additional opportunities for the realization of projects, aimed on the social integration of young people from different cultures and instilling common values in society, such as honesty, fairness, mutual respect, courage, devotion and solidarity.
According to the initiators, this project will bring together about 100 teenagers from different social spheres, including Members of Kazakhstan National Federation Clubs of UNESCO, “the Centre of Adaptation of Rural Youth in Almaty”, “Support Center for Children with Cancer”, Orphanages ¹1 and ¹2.
In the final part of the event, there will be an autograph session with the athletes, provision of full information about free sports sections and open facilities in the city of Almaty, where every teenager will be able to do sport.
Moreover, in order to provide young participants with the opportunities to be the Games spectators, to cheer for favorite athlete and take a part in numerous cultural events, they will be given by the tickets for Universiade, and information about events in the City, related to the snow competitions.